It’s Thursday morning; today I leave for Murfreesboro TN. The book tour stops are pretty well set at this point, with the exception of confirmation coming from my Boston contacts. I plan to blog after each event and post pictures! Here’s the Eastern Educational Book Tour:
February 4th: arrive in Murfreesboro TN
Feb 5th – Middle Tennessee Christian School:
- Chapel presentation at 9:45 am for 7th-12th graders – sharing the story behind the Little Pink Book series.
- 10:30, 12:30 and 1:20pm – Readings of “When Your Teacher Has Cancer” in the library for grades 1st&2nd, 3rd&4th, 5th&6th.
- 5:00-7:00pm – Attend fundraiser dinner for High School secretary diagnosed with cancer.
- 6:00pm – Attend HS basketball game, brief speech at half-time. Cancer survivors will be honored at half-time!
- After the game: book signing and sales of this Little Pink Book.
February 7th: Book signing/sales at Hastings Bookstore/Cafe, 3-6pm.
February 8th-9th – meetings with ABC (After Breast Cancer) Program at Murfreesboro YMCA, local ACS (American Cancer Society) and the Pretty in Pink Boutique (Nashville).
February 10th-14th: Travel to Asheville, NC. Meetings with local ACS and breast cancer community advocates.
February 14th: Arrive Middletown, NY:
- Meeting with local ACS and breast cancer community advocates
- Feb 15th Book signing/sales at Border Galleria Middletown, 3-6pm.
February 19th -Travel to Boston, MA – tentative schedule:
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute meeting and tour
- Local ACS and local breast cancer adovcates (tentative)
February 23rd – return to NY and take flight back to Fort Walton Beach, FL – home!
More to come on this Little Pink Book Tour!!! We can all make a difference, one life at a time.